Dear Parents and Carers,
I hope that you have found the information useful over the past weeks and I will continue to keep you updated as information becomes available from the Department of Education.
My aim is to keep you fully informed about developments with COVID-19 and as the situation evolves keep you abreast with changes and modifications introduced into the school to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
I am concerned about the traffic flow throughout the school and in the front office and as a result, there will be limits on school access – Telephoning (94591251) between the hours of 8am – 4pm Monday to Friday will continue as usual. Please see below under: Effective Immediately from today the school has implemented:
School Actions thus far:
- The cancellation of the School Board Meeting, P& C Meeting, Gatherings, Big Breakfast, Breakfast Club, Swimming and Playgroup has occurred.
- Regular handwashing throughout the day.
- Regular cleaning throughout the day.
- Students to arrive between 8.35 – 8.55am in the morning.
- Change in eating procedures.
Effective Immediately from today the school has implemented:
- Kiss and Drop – parents and carers are not to enter the classrooms.
- The use of the water fountains for direct drinking purposes will cease. It is therefore crucial that every child has a WATER BOTTLE of their own. Children will be allowed to fill water bottles from the fountains – just no direct drinking.
- ‘Crunch and sip’ will not be supplied by the school. All students are to bring their own individual snacks.
- Entry to the front office will be restricted. From 9:15am until 2:55pm, parents and contractors will have limited access and entry.
- There will be a maximum of three people in the office at a time, please respect the number and wait outside until the number reduces.
- Students who are late must be dropped off outside their classroom.
NAPLAN CANCELLED – Year 3 & 5 students
Education Ministers met last week and have decided that NAPLAN will not proceed in 2020. The NAPLAN tests were scheduled to be held from 12 to 22 May. The decision to not proceed with NAPLAN in 2020 has been taken to assist school leaders, teachers and support staff to focus on the wellbeing of students and continuity of education.
LEARNING FROM HOME
Many of you have exercised your right to keep your children at home. Please see below some measures that have been put in place to support your child/ren.
- Staff and parents will be able to access curriculum resources from a public website from Monday 23 March – Learning at home https://www.education.wa.edu.au/learning-at-home
- In addition, our school has collated a list of educational websites that your child can access on our school website from 25 March.
- All student absences related to COVID-19 will be recorded as a Reasonable absence (R). This includes students who are self-isolating due to the Department of Health advice; families keeping children home due to perceived and possible increased risk relating to children and family members who are in a high risk category (eg diabetes, compromised immune system); and families keeping their children at home due to perceived risk that they are safer at home rather than in a school setting due to possible transmission of the virus.
If a school in Western Australia has to close due to a confirmed case, it will be on the advice from the WA Health Department’s Chief Health Officer. The Chief Health Officer will close the school temporarily and ensure a thorough school clean is carried out to make the school safe for the return of students and staff.
At this point and time, we are remaining open.
Please continue to check our website and keep in touch with updates of your child’s attendance.
Thank you for your continued support through this difficult and unprecedented time.