Dear Parents and Carers,
Thank you for your cooperation and support as we delve into Term 2.
As the weeks’ progress, we will be reviewing and fine-tuning our processes to keep you and your family safe. We have received pleasing numbers back to school this week and look forward to more families ‘opting’ to send their students, when they are ready to do so. It has been lovely to welcome back students and observe some ‘normalcy’ on school grounds.
Today we were able to commemorate ANZAC Day via the intercom, this was led by Year 6 students, Carita, Andy and Blessing who displayed exceptional leadership and very clear speaking.
After observing student drop offs and pickups this week, we have had to make changes to the afternoon pickup operations from today to encourage social distancing between adults and to avoid congestion – please see below.
- Families are only allowed to access the front office (3 people maximum at any one time) and not enter the school grounds.
Please ‘drop off and go’ in the mornings (8.35am – 8.55am)
- Kindergarten students – outside community room.
- Pre-Primary students – outside undercover and canteen door.
- Year 1 students – bike racks.
- Year 2 -6 – front lawn (drop off only).
If you arrive after 8.55am, please escort your child to the front office.
Please ‘pick up and go’ in the afternoons (see times below)
- Kindergarten, Pre-Primary & Year 1 students will be available for pick up from 2:45pm at designated areas (see above).
- Year 2 students will be available for pick up from 2:55pm on front lawn.
- Year 3-6 students will be available for pick up from the 3pm siren at the fitness equipment located at the front of the school.
In addition, please ensure:
Drink Bottles – each student needs to supply their own.
If your child is unwell, please keep them home.
Learning at home
The website has been a very successful implementation and we encourage families to access it https://learning.eastkenwickps.wa.edu.au/. Please email the school for the password protected site that changes each Friday at 4pm.
If you wish to access hardcopy work packs, please email the school to organise at EastKenwick.PS@education.wa.edu.au and we will be in contact with a pick up time.