Primary Extension and Challenge (PEAC) program is a part-time withdrawal program for upper primary school Year 5 and 6 students in public schools.
Identified students are selected to participate in differentiated programs in a variety of community and educational settings.
Programs focus on:
- social interaction with gifted and talented peers
- intellectual rigour and challenge
- pursuit of excellence
- development of higher order process skills
- in-depth investigations of real problems
- open-ended activities which encourage choice and negotiation
- opportunities to interact with practising experts
- students working at their own pace
- self/peer evaluation and relection of performance
Blanket testing of all Year 4 students occurs each year. Parents who do not wish for their children to be tested can opt out by contacting us in writing.
PEAC programs are managed at a regional level. Contact your local Education Regional Office to find out more.